Monday, March 05, 2007

Don't Do That

Right.

So.

I was trying fidelity.

For one project.

To see how it feels.

Yeah . . .

About that . . .

I don't know if the problem is that I hit some "Noro Wall," or what.

Probably it had something to do with getting cocky on block 15, taking it to game night, and having to rip out over half of it afterwards.

Probably it had even more to do with the fact that I was now "supposed" to be working on Lizard Ridge.

You may have figured out that I don't like doing what I'm told -- even if it is me who is doing the telling.

Whatever the reason, I now know how fidelity feels.

It feels bad.

Really, really bad.

It's like the joke.

A man walks into the doctor's office.

Says to the doctor, "It hurts when I do this."

Doctor says, "Don't do that."

So I cheated all weekend. (Doctor's orders.)

Cheated so much that maybe it isn't really even cheating anymore. (Technically speaking, you can't cheat if you are separated. Right?)

First, I finished up those felted coasters that I started all those months ago. (My second-oldest unfinished object.)




I had put them through the wash many, many times. Some of the coasters were in a pretty nice state, but others were still under fulled, unevenly fulled, etc.

I finished them up by hand in the kitchen sink, which generally is full of dirty (and beyond dirty) dishes, but I had been a very, very good girl. (Except for the cheating.)

They turned out great.

Not that I can understand why anyone would actually want felted coasters, even ones made out of Kureyon.

Shrunk by almost 25%:





It really does look like felt:



!!!

And I am willing to considering making another felted / fulled project, which is more than I could have said a week ago.

After the coasters, I picked up something I started ages ago as a swatch.

It has over time gradually increased in size, but until now has always flown under the project radar. (I work on it so occasionally that I never remember it exists when I enumerate my unfinished projects.)




Lots and lots of garter stitch, in a self-striping fingering weight wool. (Similar to JoJoLand Melody, but by a company called Yarn Treehouse.)

Frankly, I'm not sure what this thing is.

Probably it will be a shawl of some kind.

I suppose it could be a blanket instead.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

Love the coasters!

Yeah, sometimes cheating is for the best.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just staring at two half-skeins(maybe even less than half) of Noro. Now I know what I can do with it. Those costers are lovely:)

Ang

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home