Thursday, December 14, 2006

Enough to Cheer *Anyone* Up

So . . . no green yarn. Will have to think about next steps. My snit is over, but I'm still quite frustrated. What I really want to do is go to an LYS and, you know, "get some" (I think you all know what I mean). But I would have done this in the first place if it were an easy option. All my regular haunts don't carry Cascade 220 at all, or don't carry the Superwash. (I guess everyone is into felting these days.)

Poo!

There are three basic choices:

1.) Mail order some more yarn, but from a different vendor.

2.) Search high-and-low. Again.

3.) Give up on the "Superwash," and make it out of Rowan Felted Tweed. That stuff *can* go in the wash (albeit carefully and on the "gentle" setting). But not in the dryer. But nicer yarn. But no dryer. But nicer yarn. But no dryer. (This is the debate that led me to the Cascade 220 Superwash in the first place.)

Will have to think about this for a few days. (Which, conveniently, may just give me enough time to finish up Freya. Wow! I can't believe that, really.)

But here's the good stuff! Remember these?




Check it out:

Still too big. (Or is it that the twins are too wee? Yes, I rather think it is their fault.)



When I made them (the sweaters, not the babies) I was hoping they'd be right for late spring / summer. That timing might work . . . but babies grow fast. (That, too, is their fault, I'm sure.)




Squee!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! Makes my ovaries hurt. Ow.

I read on someone's blog recently that 220SW shrinks in the dryer too.

(This might be a duplicate comment... Blogger Beta hates me.)

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's their fault. In fact, they may have taken your yarn.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Look!!!What little cuties! The handknits look great. I bet they will fit as planned in the spring. Perfect!

Ang

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home