Monday, October 23, 2006

Not Dead, Not Quite

I miss blogging.

But things are more than a little crazy around here.

Which makes me miss blogging even more, because I have so much to blab on about.

But I tell myself that it is better for the blogging to suffer than the sleeping or eating, or heavens forfend, the knitting.

Being under some (extreme) amount of (temporary) stress, I find that I have started about 37 knitting projects since we last spoke (exaggeration, but only a slight one), have finished nary a one, and have possibly purchased enough yarn (still cheaper than therapy, but damn you, Webs, what is it with the neverending closeouts of namebrand yarns???) to reach SABLE status, but de Nile is only a river in Egypt, so who really can ever say about that, particularly given my firm plan to live to 208.

Now.

I am now absolutely confident that the companion piece (confident enough to now publicly admit it is a scarf) to Avery's Short-Row Hat will work out just great.

And I will post the pattern modifications whenever the heck I get around to finishing the scarf. Don't promise to do it soon, only promise to do it before Winter Gift Exchange 2006.

If I were a decent sort, I would post it well in advance of the worst of winter. But as I could count on one hand those who have accused me of decency . . .

In any event, I am absolutely, utterly, fully confident about the scarf.

I am not so confident, however, about the hat.

Am having serious gauge issues. Bad gauge!

And then there is This Little Problem. "Yeah, Noro does that." Indeed. Don't like that seam at all . . . I may be unable to pull this one off sans tantrums, destruction of property, etc.

I may need to sacrifice a skein of Kureyon to the gods. (I'm thinking fire.)

But I will pull it off.

I'm too stubborn not to.

TTFN

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't set fire to the Kureyon. I hear burnt yarn smells real bad ;)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

As for the short row hat, try using "Marble" instead of Kuryeon. No, it isn't Japanese or expensive, but the color changes in this yarn seem like they would lend themselves well to this project. The link I found for this yarn is: http://yarnforward.com/marble.html

I found the ball I am currently knitting with at A.C.Moore and my local yarn shop. I think I paid $5.49 for one ball.

You're the experimental type: knit up a short row swatch with Marble to see what you think?

Ang

3:10 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Nony:

Forgot to mention: Check out Yarn-agogo's blog. She knit one of E. Zimmerman's seamless sweaters. It's really nice.

Link: http://www.yarnagogo.com/blog/2006/10/pumpkin_spice.html

Ang

3:14 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

We miss your blogging...when you coming back to it:-(

Ang

3:44 AM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Must . . . not . . . blog!

Commenting is probably okay, though. So:

I think my crazy stuff should be over tonight. Then I'm probably gonna sleep three days straight.

Then I'll be back.

Assuming I am able to publicly admit how many projects I've started. Possibly that will take another couple of days.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home