Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Next!

So . . . as you might have guessed, I've temporarily given up on that blanket. Horrid thing.

Knitting time has suddenly been extremely curtailed (work. yuck!), not to mention blogging time, but I did manage to sneak in a Vegas yarn crawl (not fruitful in the short term, but good for future reference), which I will blog about when I get a real few moments.

In the meantime, here's what's next for Dulaan 2007:





"Er . . . What are they?" you ask.

Yes.

Hrm.

The goal is socks.

The reason they are so . . . odd . . . is not a problem with the knitting, but with the yarn -- Anonyknits' own vintage (read "shoddy") handspun.

Seriously uneven.

Seriously overspun. (Have to unspin the stuff every few feet before it is remotely knittable. The cats are amused.)

But it is mine.

So between the "let's knit it" and "let's trash it" options . . . Well, you know.

This recipe for socks is from the Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook, which is geared toward socks of the handspun variety. The book is good for many, many things, but what I like best about it is that it seems to be able to rescue even the worst handspun. In sockish quantities, anyway.

Rescues it successfully enough that I'd keep the socks for my own picky self. But they will be a little too big for me and will be way too warm for anywhere but Mongolia in the winter. Okay, or Manitoba. Maybe even Alaska. But I have no plans to be in any of those places (or their ilk) during the winter.

Any winter.

Ever.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I think that this yarn is lovely...don't know why it's not supposed to be that great, but the colors are very pretty and it looks like it knits up very well! No?

Ang

12:05 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

No. (Sigh.)

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home